08 July 2010

july 4th 2010

A bunch of us headed down to the pier
where we camped out by the water
(for 5 hours)
with blankets and snacks on the grass
waiting for the show in the sky.


(I wasn't quick enough with my camera to capture the festivities
so I turned to google)


since i didn't get a 4th of july last year
i was extra happy to celebrate it loud and proud.
Justin Beiber and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir were
the chosen entertainment for the celebration,
and I don't know why this collaboration wasn't thought of sooner!
It was also rumored that the entire twilight cast was in the city
celebrating our nations independence...

and I'm both proud and happy to say that I saw every single one of them.
With a bowl of popcorn in one hand and a diet coke in the other.
It was such an incredible and memorable celebration.
I think America is definitely more free in New York.

2 comments:

  1. Probably didnt compare to being groped by Middle Easterns, mass pandemonium, gun shots and bleeding people in the gutters. Go France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I quote myself, in an Italian accent, when I say, "I'm goona get us out of here! excusie! excusie!"

    ReplyDelete