15 April 2010

i am still happy.

I knew today would come.

And come it did.

“The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.”

-Leo F. Buscaglia


But I am still happy.

Even though I am sad.

Even though now he is Elder Landsaw.

Even though I have horrible handwriting and letter writing skills.

Even though I don't get to watch this anymore.

Or get surprise dinners here.

Even though I don't get these anymore.

Even though he chose Jesus over me.

I hate when that happens.

But really I should love it.

Because I have so many lovely things in my life.

And I made a short list of them.

My List of Lovelys:

1. My wonderful family.

2. My amazing friends.

3. The warm(ish) weather.

4. My almost full Cafe Rio card.

5. My Internship in New York City in 1 month.

6. My new job (today is my first day, so we'll see just how lovely it is after that).

7. The cookies sitting on my counter.

8. My leftover Easter candy.

9. My bike that is begging to be ridden.

10. All my new found free time I can give back to school and working out.


It all happens for a reason, or so I am told.

And whatever that reason may be, I bet it is a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing. Whenever I see you next I need to hear more about his boy who is now on a missionary. Looks like he was pretty perfect :) Miss you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LB!! I need to speak with you! Ben is out of town this weekend maybe we could get together? I'm calling you.

    ReplyDelete