19 April 2010

this was my weekend. what was yours?

It started off with Brienne's bridal shower.
I think I ate 50 mini cupcakes.
I just love my high school besties.
Every time we get together,
I can't stop smiling or reminiscing about all our memories.
I forget how much I've missed them.
I have the most beautiful friends in the world.



After running out of gas in Sardine Canyon at 1 am
(i'm such a fool.)
my weekend continued with these:


Closely followed by this:
Homemade hair and face masks.
Our Hair masks consisted of egg whites, honey, olive oil, some milk and mashed banana.
That mashed banana was the
worst idea my hair has ever had.
I am still trying to get the chunks out.



But we had so much fun making a mess.
And our hair actually came out much softer
and shinier than before.
And here is the after:


The lovely Lindsey Wilson surprised our side yard with this
Hammock!
It is so great.
We love her almost daily surprises for us.
We borrowed our neighbors tree
and this
amazing weather has got us
excited to give it a try.



On Sunday, the beautiful Ashlee and I ventured off to church.
When we got there, church wasn't.
We drove to the Stake Center: nothing.
So, we found a random building,
and intruded on a random ward.
It turned out to be fantastic.
The lessons and talks covered every topic that was on my mind.
Then our long lost friends just happened to be in that ward.
It was entertaining, hilarious, and spiritually uplifting all in one.
And best of all,
we came home and made blueberry pancakes.
They were delish!

After brunch,
we headed to the park to enjoy the
perfect warm weather.
Alongside a man on a mission with a metal detector and some Asian tourists,
I read this book:



and let me just tell you:
you have got to read it!

This old guy named Morrie:


Shares how to live while dying.
And how to make the most out of life.
I was laughing
and crying
and realizing all the ways I can improve.
Go read it.


I love weekends like this.

2 comments:

  1. I had so much fun seeing you! It definately needs to happen more often! ((p.s. I look crazazy in that picture...next time I wont wait so long...haha :))) I am going to read that book, it sounds fabulous. ((you have to tell more about your running out of gas story, how did you get outta there?!))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your face is the reason i love the picture so much ha ha! And yes: I need to see you more AND yes you need to read Tuesdays with Morrie! My running out of gas story is a long one.. i'll tell you next time i see you.. at Brie's wedding!!

    ReplyDelete