18 May 2010

but where are the lenses...?

Last summer
I happened upon a pair of
glasses.
they were one of a kind
vintage
and so unflattering on my face
that it almost made me love them more.
They traveled everywhere with me.


(our waiter in Italy- who had an uncanny resemblance to George Clooney- made fun of them the entire time.
until he put them on. and realized just how extraordinarily marvelous they really are.)

But somehow
they got lost.

(nomakeup. facial expression is truly capturing how i've felt.)
I don't lose things.
even though things such as my room
and car
and closet
may seem unorganized, I could tell you exactly where everything is.
I have been searching everywhere for months
for my favorite pair of
glasses.
I made every family member testify that they did not seal or hide them (mom).
or know their whereabouts.

And then...
this morning as I headed to the kitchen for my daily bowl of
captain crunch
there they were!
Sitting on the counter.
Just like that.

(I'm told they were found behind the couch. But I swear I looked there...)


I couldn't be happier.
I may even sleep in them tonight.

1 comment:

  1. linds i'll be honest they look a little like my grandoc's glasses. i know you love doc and all but if i see you wearing an ice cram tie to the office i might just maybe lose some respect for your oh so fabulous fashion. just saying...

    ReplyDelete