11 June 2010

let me introduce you to some kids that you ain't used to.

today i was thinking about how easily the cool kids make my day better
with a little bit of gold and a pager.
i often times think of myself as an inside out oreo.
and new york city has unquestionably made me more hood.
the weekend before i came out here
i went and watched the cool kids in salt lake.
the place was a little more packed and tipsy than anticipated
but it was nothing that couldn't be solved with a little bit of rap.
and a more distant location from the stage
(3rd row started getting quite unruly. my sequin jacket didn't appreciate it's bath of alcohol either.)
i over quote their lyrics daily.
usually adding my own originals
(after all, it is a dream of mine to someday win a freestyle rap battle on the streets).
I guess for now i'll just kick a little somethin' for the cool kids
and we'll do it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment