27 June 2010

Rockaway Beach

oh how i love the beach
mainly because the beach stays with you for weeks afterward.
in your shoes.
in your bags.
clothes.
the seams of your swimsuit.
it even manages to make its way into my room somehow.
maybe its because i brought home
inconveniently large shells
covered in sand.
yes, i am equivalent to a 5 year old with a shovel and pail
collecting sea shells by the sea shore.
But at least it was our own private sea shore!
there was no one there- and the beach was so beautiful
the weather was sunny and warm
with a slight ocean breeze
and propeller planes flying overhead
carrying banners behind them.
it was such a great day at the beach.

until we got home and realized
you are never too cool for sunscreen.


sometimes all you need is a sack lunch and
perfectly color coordinated hat and short attire.


we came home and walked a couple streets down
to the home of the best tacos i have ever eaten:
bario chino
and i also quite enjoyed my enchilada verdes.
i cant wait to go back and eat more tacos.


Oh. And P.s.


The sole of my shoe broke in half. I think this is the equivalent of when you sit on a bike and the tire goes flat. My eating has become much too excessive. I would like to blame the split on excessive exercise, however, I'm pretty sure it was my weight that did this one.



1 comment: